Cryptocurrency in an IRA
As a cryptocurrency provider, knowledge of self-directed IRAs can be critical, especially if your business has been negatively impacted by the new tax law. These retirement accounts deliver a solid solution to avoid the heavy tax burden that now accompanies investing with personally held accounts.
When your clients invest with a self-directed IRA, the gains from the exchanges do not impact their tax liability because of the tax-exempt nature of retirement accounts. Self-directed accounts allow plan owners to choose alternative assets to grow retirement income. They are not bound to the typical stock, bond, or mutual fund. The good news cryptocurrency providers can share with clients—assets are purchased with funds from the IRA and all income is deposited into the account without incurring taxation.
How Cryptocurrency Providers Benefit
- Attract new investors and show existing investors how to invest in a tax-advantaged way.
- We handle all the details of the account set-up and maintenance process for your clients.
- You get a single personal account manager to handle all of your clients and their investments.
- Website landing page and marketing collateral (branded with your logo and information) to help explain self-direction to your investors.
- Educational tools to explain the process and options for self-directed investing.
How Your Clients Benefit
- We provide secure, on-site cold storage.
- No need to setup separate entity (like an LLC) to invest.
- Advanta IRA does not charge commissions on purchases and sale and only charges a flat fee instead of a percentage of the investment’s value.
- One-on-one service from a dedicated account manager for seamless processing and funding of investments.
- Tax-advantaged way to invest in cryptocurrency and diversify their portfolio.
- Access to free education about alternative assets and self-directed IRAs.